Have you ever had a mini panic attack like me when you look at your shower drain, brush, etc. and see strands of hair? Well you can stop worrying…probably. The average person loses around 50 – 100 hairs every day. It’s cool – your hair needs to fall out so new strands can grow in their place.
So, do you think you’re losing more hair than usual? Well here are some tips to help curb follicular fallout:
1. Refer to Healthy Hair Vol. I for some hair washing advice – Overly dry hair is weak hair. Weak hair breaks easily.
2. Let your hair dry a bit before combing, brushing, etc. Wet hair is weak hair.
3. When going through tip 2, use gentle tools! A video is coming about this later 🙂
4. Protect your hair from high heat! Heat (from a blow dryer, straightener, or curling iron) is going to dry out your luscious locks unless you use some heat protectant. TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Protectant Spray is a great one. Another way to protect your hair from heat is to well…avoid heat.
5. Essential oils make a great addition to any hair care arsenal. They add moisture back into your hair and can even make your individual strands look thicker. Argan, coconut, and jojoba oils are just a few. I personally use PURA D’OR Argan Oil.
6. Eat a balanced diet! A lot of people tend to neglect this tip. Your body needs things like protein, iron, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin C to be healthy. For specific foods that are great for your locks, check out WebMD: http://tinyurl.com/jqbdu8w
This wraps up today’s blog post. Tune in Wednesday for a new YouTube video and next Monday for a new blog post!